Friday, April 10, 2009

Truly An Admirable Man

In a moment of reflecting...I cry...
this man touched my life in an amazing way.
Maybe you could even say he was a part of saving my life.

Even when I would challenge him,
I could not shake his love, patience and gentleness.
Even when other priest would be challenge
by my pains in life
they would not respond so kindly...

~He was there for me when I was at a depth of my despair...

~He in his very special manner
gave a meaningful ceremony when
Ronnie and I were married ...

~He buried my brother...

~He buried my father...

~ I will deeply treasure the life this man lived...
He has touched me to depths that not many can.
and the amazing thing is he didn't even try...
he was just real, sincere, honest and loving....

~I thank God that this man was a part of my path of life~


Rev. John F. Greaney

Rev. John F. Greaney, 78, of 675 Rutherford Rd., Harrisburg, died Tuesday, March 31, 2009 at his residence.

Born November 1, 1930 in Holyoke, MA, he was the son of the late James J. and Bridget Curran Greaney.

He was the last pastor of the former St. Gertrude's Church in Lebanon. He served that congregation for 25 years from 1970-1995. He was educated in St. Jerome's Elementary & High School in Holyoke. He graduated from St. Charles Seminary, Cantonsville, MD, completed his studies for Priesthood at St. Charles Seminary, Overbrook, PA, and served as pastor to both Our Lady of Good Counsel, Marysville and St. Bernadette in Duncannon, Perry County, PA.
View Guest Book Here

View another Guest Book Here

1 comment:

Boquinha said...

Oh Terrie, I'm so sorry. Sending you hugs . . .